Our associates enjoy a generous, comprehensive, and highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
Our primary benefits package includes a 401(k) or Roth 401(k) plan; four weeks of vacation, medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death, and disability insurance; domestic partner benefits; and an employee assistance program. Other benefits offered include private banking services, a flexible healthcare spending plan, discounted health club memberships, a pre-tax transportation plan, critical illness insurance, discounted legal services, auto insurance, pet insurance, annual fitness and wellness reimbursement and discounted long-term care insurance.
First-year associates earn market leading salaries, plus a transition bonus. We also offer an optional salary advance to new associates and reimburse expenses related to one bar exam.
We put a high value on clerkship experience and offer a bonus to new associates who have completed clerkships at any federal court or the highest court of any state. Former US Supreme Court clerks receive a competitive bonus and bonuses for other clerkships are evaluated on an individual basis.
We are committed to helping all our lawyers—with or without children or other caregiver obligations—achieve their personal and professional goals. We offer flexibility with regard to days worked per week, hours worked in the office, and alternative work locations.
Child and elder care
We provide generous parental leaves, with additional leave available through the use of accrued vacation time and/or unpaid leave. Self-designated primary caregivers are automatically eligible to work a 75% schedule for the first six (6) months upon returning from parental leave with no impact to their compensation. For unexpected childcare and adult/eldercare needs, we have arrangements with backup childcare and adult/eldercare providers that offer in-home care options, as well as center-based care for children when regular care arrangements are disrupted.
A centerpiece of our benefits program, Living Well offers broad support to encourage healthy lifestyles for all . It’s organized around three key aspects of wellness—mind (mental health), body (fitness and nutrition), and self (work-life integration).
Available to every member of the Fried Frank community, Living Well provides access to a range of services, events, and programs, including our annual Health Fair, and wellness that promote mental wellbeing, physical health, and work/life integration. We continue to add new initiatives, including mindfulness and mental health workshops.
Current Living Well programs and initiatives include:
- 24/7 access to professional counseling and free assistance with resources and services for family and caregiving, everyday living, legal and financial, personal health, emotional health, and work-related concerns through our external partners
- Regular on-site wellness counseling in the US offices
- Discounted gym memberships
- Fitness and Wellness Reimbursement Program for all US employees
- Annual firmwide Fit Club competition
- Back-up childcare and eldercare through Bright Horizons
- Alternative work arrangement policies
- Wellness training and Lunch-and-Learn series
- Mental health seminars hosted by the London Employee Assistance Program
- Free massage chairs in our Washington, D.C. office and an “Associate Lounge” in our New York office
- Firmwide mindfulness workshops
- Mental health training for all managers and directors
We encourage active dialogue on wellness topics and many activities have been initiated by people across our firm, including Fit Club, an eight-week fitness challenge; sports teams (softball, basketball, football, soccer, tennis); and meditation sessions. We also promote and participate in corporate challenges and charitable events, such as the JPMorgan Corporate Challenge, Lawyers Have Heart, London Legal Walk, and the Best Buddies Friendship Walk.